For the silkiest wax, begin with clean, dry skin. That means no moisturisers, lotions, or oils.
Twist open the lid of the Pure Aloe Vera wax, take off the aluminium seal and put the jar in your microwave.
Heat the aloe vera wax for 30 seconds. Mix it and then microwave it again for 30 more seconds. Keep heating till the wax reaches a soft honey texture for a perfect pull of the hair.
Evenly apply a thin layer of the Honeybee wax, moving your spatula in the direction of hair growth.
Place a wax strip on top and smooth it with firm pressure. Make sure your hand moves in the same direction as the hair growth.
Take hold of the bottom of the strip and, with a flicking motion, remove the strip, pulling it off against the direction of your hair. Once you’ve finished waxing to your satisfaction, wash off any residue with water.
BEE BETTER AT WAXING AT HOME
- First things first, if your skin is sunburned, irritated or broken, sit out waxing till it heals.
- Second, put some Honeybee Tunes on, relax, and let the fun begin.
- Never overheat the pure aloe vera wax. An easy way to ensure this is to microwave it in 30-second intervals for a maximum of 2 minutes.
- Next, do a patch test on the inside of your wrist before you start waxing to ensure the temperature is comfortable.
- Finally, for the next 24 hours, don’t expose your skin to direct sunlight or chemical treatments. We also recommend not exfoliating.
- Once a whole day has passed, go ahead and exfoliate 3 to 4 times a week to prevent ingrowth and radiant skin.
- A microwave isn't the only way to heat our Pure Aloe Vera wax. Boil water in a pan, take it off the heat, and then dip the jar till 75% of it is inside the water. Stir the wax occasionally. When it looks like honey, it’s ready for use.